Hallmark Digital has an entry level .NET dev position open at our headquarters which is located in downtown Kansas City, Missouri. .NET devs at Hallmark Digital are responsible for building ASP.NET Web APIs, Windows System Services and other applications that are consumed by Hallmark.com. We're looking for someone who has taken a good amount of .NET classes at K-State (the web dev courses are definitely a plus), has some knowledge of Entity Framework 6 and how it interacts with SQL DBs, and has some Web API 2 / MVC experience. Below is a link to the job posting with a more detailed description:
Kansas State University is committed to the growth and excellence of the CIS department. The department offers a stimulating environment for research and teaching, and has several ongoing collaborative projects involving researchers in different areas of computer science as well as other engineering and science departments. The department has a faculty of nineteen, more than 100 graduate students, and 300 undergraduate students and offers BS, MS, MSE, and PhD degrees. Computing facilities include a large network of servers, workstations and PCs with more than 300 machines and a Beowulf cluster with 100+ processors. The department building has a wireless network and state-of-the-art media-equipped classrooms. The department hosts several laboratories for embedded systems, software analysis, robotics, computational engineering and science, and data-mining.
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Search for Employment Opportunities
.NET Dev Position - Hallmark Digital
Anyone that is interested, send me an email (Alex.Munda@hallmark.com) with your resume attached.
Skills & Requirements
Ideal Candidate will have:
· C# programming experience
· Experience with ASP.Net Application development
· Experience with SQL Server
· Experience with Visual Studio 2012
· Experience with Agile development methodologies
· Computer Science degree or 4 years of experience
· Pharmacy related knowledge
· Good written and verbal communication skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Enhance existing applications
· Act as a team member: coding, testing, debugging.
Application Developer: C++ - Kalos Inc.
Looking for a talented Application Developer with C++ experience. Our product is a pharmacy management system in use throughout the United States.
Skills & Requirements
Ideal Candidate will have:
· Experience with C++
· Experience developing end-user desktop applications
· Experience with SQL Server
· Experience with Client/Server Application development
· Computer Science degree or 4 years of experience
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Experience with Embarcadero C++ Builder or Delphi
· Pharmacy related knowledge
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintain and enhance existing applications.
· Act as a team member: coding, testing and debugging.
Associate Programmer Analyst - FedEx
Associate Programmer Analyst
All times are in Mountain Daylight Time.
FedEx Services - Information Technology
350 Spectrum Loop, Colorado Springs, CO., 80921
More information about this job:
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you!
Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 300,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding.
FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer. Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE Magazine: No. 8 among “World’s Most Admired Companies” and No. 1 in the delivery industry (2014)
- Glassdoor, Employees’ Choice Awards: “Top 50 Best Places to Work” (2014)
- FORTUNE Magazine: “100 Best Companies to Work For” (2013)
- Computerworld: “100 Best Places to Work in IT” (2013)
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens” (2014)
When 300,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply Now’ and tell us more about yourself.
FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.
Under close supervision, code and unit test changes to computer programs from program specifications. Documents and maintains those programs.
Ideal Skills/Knowledge Includes
Colorado Springs, CO.
Bachelor's degree/equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems and/or equivalent formal training or work experience.
Any interested candidate can apply online at FedEx.com under careers – search for jobs under FedEx Services
Computing Support Group Assistant-College of Human Ecology - Kansas State University
Job Work Schedule- Afternoon
Hours per Week: 15-20+
College of Human Ecology: Computing Support Group Assistant
The College of Human Ecology is searching for an undergraduate student assistant to help maintain its local area network and support College workstations.
The network consists of Windows, and Linux servers and Windows and Mac workstations. The College's Computing Support Group assists faculty, staff and students that generate approximately 3,000 annual requests for service. There are around 500 workstations running a variety of operating systems (Win 7/Mac) located throughout five campus buildings.
The starting salary for this position is $9 hour.
Preferred applicants should be able to work at least 20 hours per week and be available to work during off-peak hours, i.e. school breaks, summer vacation, etc.
Qualifications: Preferred applicants would have some or all of these skills in order of importance: Helpdesk, PC setup and troubleshooting, networking.
*Application Instructions: Interested applicants please use your CES account to apply, or send your resume and cover letter electronically to Marin Dowlin at: email@example.com with the subject "Assistant Position Resume".
Online Application Address:
Contact Information [Edit]
First Name: Marin
Last Name: Dowlin
Address Line 1: 121C Justin Hall
Address Line 2:
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.he.ksu.edu/support
Cyber Security Model Developer - Aon Benfield
Job Title: Cyber Security Model Developer
Reports to: Mark Lynch, Head of Human Security Model Development
Team: Impact Forecasting
Sub-Team: Human Security Team
Contract: Full Time
Available to: Both domestic and international students
Job Outline: To project manage and develop Impact Forecasting’s probabilistic cyber risk modelling capabilities. The individual will build, test and implement the key assumptions within Impact Forecasting’s cyber security model and will engage with clients to sell and develop the product. He/she will work within the human security team in order to help clients quantify the scale of losses that are likely to occur from cyber-attacks and the probability of attacks occurring reflecting key developments in the field.
This exciting role will allow a motivated individual to design and build an innovative, probabilistic model for cyber risk within the reinsurance sector. The model will be used within the reinsurance sector as the basis for key business decisions on cyber risk and the role will allow the successful candidate to engage with key decision makers while researching and developing innovative cyber analysis.
Required Skills: - Masters/PhD in Information Security (or equivalent)
- Understanding of interdependence and network modelling
- Innovative and creating thinking to capture key issues
- Excellent presentation skills to explain complex issues in a clear manner
- Ability to work to clear deadlines
- Capacity to work independently and within a team environment
- Basic understanding of insurance and reinsurance industry
- Understanding of probabilistic modelling
Job Spec: Master’s or PhD student with a background in probabilistic modelling and cyber security. In terms of job description the key attributes we would be looking for would be someone who comprehends the macro-level changes to network security while understanding how local changes to IT networks can affect risk levels, he/she should have some background in probabilistic computation while a research project in network interdependence would be ideal as this is where we believe the greatest challenges in model development lie. Moreover, they should have good interpersonal skills and have the ability to communicate complex phenomena in a simple way as cyber can be quite a complex subject area and we need to be able to explain our models to clients and the broking arm of Aon.
If interested please email your CV to email@example.com
Data Scientist - Microsoft
Azure Active Directory Data Analytics team is looking for applied scientists who are passionate about applying data mining, data analytics, big data and machine learning techniques to a variety of exciting applications for enterprises and consumers.
We build the data processing and analytics pipeline needed to keep data flowing for the Azure cloud services and leverage it for building the best products and services for our customers.
We are focused on building robust, massive scale systems that process and mine data with extremely high reliability.
We then apply data analytics, modeling and machine learning to build intelligence from the data.
You will work on all aspects of the design, development and implementation of massive scale systems and data pipelines with extremely high availability and on data mining and analytics.
- Work closely with a product engineering team to identify and answer important product questions
- Answer product questions by using appropriate statistical, data mining, data analytics techniques on available data
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
- Implement high scale and highly reliable data pipelines that collect, process and analyze data
- Implement algorithms and create computer models that are used for data exploration and then make them repeatable in the data pipelines
- Conduct statistical modeling, predictive modeling and experiment design
- Analyze, interpret and communicate the results of data analysis
- Collaborate with product engineers and other scientists.
- Implement new or enhanced software designed to access and handle data more efficiently
Qualification Summary :
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, Operations Research or equivalent technical field.
- Experience with Software development skills in one or more high level languages (C#/C/C++/Java/F#), one or more scripting languages (Python/Perl/Shell), and common ML/ data analytics tools (Weka, R, Matlab, RapidMiner, KNIME, scikit, SAS, SPSS, ModelBuilder etc.)
- Experience working with large data sets (structured and unstructured data) and big data
- Experience working with distributed computing tools a plus (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.)
- Experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- Possess deep knowledge of statistics, data mining, machine learning and predictive modeling.
- Demonstrate excellent programming skills while having a good understanding of design and architecture principles
- Has strong critical thinking skills and the ability to relate them to the products or services the company is producing
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Has the ability to think and research creatively, with ability to experiment and course correct
- Displays exceptional organizational skills and is detail oriented
- Being able to work in a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment as in a competitive landscape new data keeps flowing in rapidly and the world is constantly changing
Director of Information Systems - Unbound
Director of Information Systems
Unbound is looking for a Director of Information Systems to oversee the information systems department. The director must ensure all the technology needs of Unbound are met in an efficient and secure manner. The candidate will need to provide a stable computer network for all areas of Unbound, establish the systems support necessary for both the network infrastructure and the application software for the sponsorship and donor system, and provide basic in-house support for other systems. The person in this role will work closely with all other departments within Unbound. The individual will be responsible for providing systems that allow day-to-day operations to function and also be aware of ways to improve, enhance or compliment the work of Unbound utilizing computer and technology advances.
The mission of the Information Systems Department is to provide tools for Unbound staff so that they may serve the sponsors and their sponsored friends.
· A bachelor’s degree in information systems with formal education in project management, information systems technology and staff development
· Extensive experience (15-20 years preferred) in the information systems field in technical and managerial roles
· Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the information systems staff and all levels of management at Unbound
· Ability to troubleshoot and assist in all areas of information systems with a special emphasis in the networking/systems area
· Knowledge and experience implementing security measures to ensure PCI compliance
· A desire to serve the staff and goals of Unbound through technology.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to HR.
If you have any questions regarding this position you may speak to Lisa, Neveda, or the Department Director.
Graduate Assistant Job - Office of Assessment
Graduate Assistant Job Description
Job Title: Graduate Assistant, Office of Assessment
Category: Database, analytics, and web development
Wage: $700 bi-weekly
Appointment: 9-month. The position may be offered for renewal both if an adequate performance is shown and funding remains available.
Start Date: August 24, 2015
Work Schedule: Morning, Afternoon, Flexible
Work Location: 226 Anderson Hall
The Office of Assessment seeks applications for a graduate data analytics and web developer. The position is responsible for the development and implementation of web-based reporting databases and data analytics tools. The position will also create walkthroughs and presentations to support these new tools.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Advanced computer skills – Microsoft Excel or Access, database development/management
- Web design experience
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with PowerBI, Tableau, or other business intelligence or data analytics tools
- Master’s degree
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and two work references to Chris Urban, Assistant Director of Assessment, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GTA Service Position - tuition included! - International Technology Commons (ITC)
The International Technology Commons (ITC) is seeking a graduate student in computer science for a GTA service position. Student needs to be self motivated and able to take charge of detailed tasks.
Applicant should be willing to take on the management and supervision of the ITC’s set of PCs, Macs, iPads, Chromebooks, and a MacPro. Applicant should also be able to identify and solve problems with networks, client and administrator issues with Deep Freeze and other programs, and audio/visual problems with devices. The ability to manage systems, servers, fix software issues manually through coding, and meet the novel coding needs of the ITC is also required.
The ITC is looking for someone excited to work with international students, provide leadership to other student workers on staff, solve unique problems to increase efficiency at our lab, and exercise their technical expertise.
Salary is $5,190 for fall/spring semesters and $3,176 for the summer semester. As a GTA service position, all tuition is covered.
Please see the list of qualifications below:
Generally Required Qualifications
Basic knowledge and operations of Windows, iOS, and Mac OS X:
- switch users;
- (Mac OS X) select OS when power on or reboot;
- configurate printers;
- enable and disable updates;
Basic knowledge on computer networks
- understand various kinds of wireless encryption methods, e.g. WEP, WAP, PSK;
- configurate wireless routers, e.g. manually assign IP address;
- check IP and MAC addresses;
- alter network interfaces;
Basic knowledge on computer hardwares
- understand different video transmitting protocols, e.g. DVI, HDMI, Minidisplay Port, and their slots/interfaces accordingly;
- switch between mirroring and extension mode for external display/monitor (on both Mac OS X and Windows);
- connect audio devices and set default playback/line-in device;
Required Qualifications for Information System Administrator
- Basic knowledge on HTML, CSS, PHP, and SQL(MySQL);
Fundamental operations on databases:
- Understand the E/R diagram and schema;
- Backup data, alter schema, and import data back;
- Send quires to database and properly fetch results;
- Add/Alter/Delete entries;
- Establish connections to DB servers;
Basic operation on Linux
- set-up and configurate MAMP server and MySQL services;
- remote control with Secure Shell protocol (SSH);
- apt-get, ls, ifconfig, mv, cp, etc
- Windows Remote Desktop
- Apple Remote Desktop
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Premiere
- Adobe Acrobat
If you are interested, please send a resume and cover letter to the Director of the ITC, Jenell Williams, at email@example.com. The position will start with the summer session, but there will be some flexibility possible to start in the fall for well-qualified candidates who already have commitments for some or all of the summer.
IT Bank Examiner, IT Specialist - The Office of the State Bank Commissioner
IT Bank Examiner, IT Specialist
Job Opening: 174046
Position Number: K0224147
The OSBC has one open position for an Information Technology (IT) bank examiner. The agency desires a candidate with IT experience; OR a bank examiner with IT experience or IT interest; OR a person with the educational background and skill that can be trained and developed from an entry level position. Pay will be commensurate with experience. The person should have the personality and traits to work independently and in a team environment.
The candidate will be trained in basic IT examinations at banks and progress and transition into an IT Specialist. An IT Specialist will conduct IT examinations or visitations at any supervised depository institution, including entities designated as problem banks and at the most IT complex institutions. An examination will encompass transactional banking, PC banking, web telephone banking, portal and aggregation activities, electronic bill paying services, electronic cash systems, and other new and emerging technology issues.
This position is also responsible for the review and analysis of the entity’s IT management, security protocol, audit, business continuity planning, outsourced vendors, technology service providers, retail payment systems, and wholesale payment systems. The bank’s need to protect customer data is a key aspect of an IT examination. The examiner will also be required to review the bank’s strategic plan for IT initiatives and goals, and understand all current and proposed products and services at each bank. For the aforementioned, all safeguards, policies, practices and procedures should be considered. Industry approved examination procedures are followed. Additionally, protection of OSBC confidential examination information is expected.
Once an IT examination is complete, this position is required to work closely with the bank management and the Examiner-In-Charge of the Safety and Soundness examination. Expectations are that examination findings and recommendations will be properly communicated, meetings with management will be conducted, and timely preparation of Report comments will occur.
This position will also be required to provide IT training and guidance to other examiners, whether in the field or in formal training sessions.
The examiner must know what IT risks affect a bank and how to identify and measure the IT risks. The examiner must be able to understand how bankers can control, monitor, and mitigate risk.
The person applying for this position should have a four-year college degree in an IT or business related field of study. Additional IT accreditation is a plus. Written and oral communication skills, a positive attitude, and a personality that allows the person to get along with others and work in a team environment are a must.
Employee talents and knowledge are expected to develop and evolve as job duties are added and expanded. This person must successfully complete IT examiner training (both informal and formal) and demonstrate sufficient abilities to complete responsibilities. The supervision of this position is expected to transition from high supervision to moderate supervision as the employee develops, indicating increased latitude in carrying out duties.
How to Apply:
To apply, submit a State of Kansas Employment Application http://www.admin.ks.gov/services/state-employment-center/sec-home/state-employment/apply, and a Personal Data Form: http://da.ks.gov/ps/aaa/recruitment/instructions.htm Resume with References, Cover Letter, College Transcript(s), and a Tax Clearance Certificate to:
Office of the State Bank Commissioner
Attn: Jeanne Kelly, Recruiter
700 SW Jackson, Suite 300
Topeka, KS 66603
You may also submit material online to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include all requested information.
Each applicant applying for a State of Kansas job vacancy must obtain a State Tax Clearance Certificate by accessing the Kansas Department of Revenue’s website at: http://www.ksrevenue.org/taxclearance.html.
A Tax Clearance is a comprehensive tax account review to determine and ensure that an individual’s account is compliant with all primary Kansas Tax Laws. Applicants are responsible for submitting their Certificate with all other application materials to the hiring agency. This is in accordance with Executive Order 2004.
The OSBC may perform a background check on applicants.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to contact the agency recruiter if reasonable accommodations are needed for any part of the application or hiring process.
The Office of the State Bank Commissioner is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Find out more about us at our website: http://www.osbckansas.org/about/employment.html
IT Consultant-2 Positions - Information Technology Assistance Center-Kansas State University
This position works as a part of a team that provides support for more than 1900 workstations and a variety of mobile devices (iOS, Android devices, Windows Mobile, etc.) in administrative department and academic departments across two of the university's campuses as well as the Kansas Department of Agriculture and Kansas State Research and Extension which include county offices across the state of Kansas. The network environment includes the following platform components: Windows 7/Windows 8, Windows Active Directory and Apple Mac OS X.
• Bachelors Degree, or three years of related coursework or employment experience in information technology
• Three years’ experience in a desktop support, help desk, and/or technical support environment
• Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience in the configuration and administration of desktop operating systems (including Windows 7, Windows 8 and Mac OSX workstations) for users in a multi-user LAN environment
• Extensive knowledge and experience in the use of Windows applications such as word processing, spreadsheets and file manager software on Intel-based desktop computers in a multi-user distributed network-computing environment involving one or more LAN servers
• Extensive knowledge and experience with workstation hardware (installation, configuration, troubleshooting, repair and understand the relationship between the hardware and the operating system)
• Experience working in a fast-paced work environment, assisting staff with varied technical and business systems needs
• Analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot system problems
• Manage multiple high priority initiatives in a fast paces, highly technical environment
• Effective written and verbal communication skills; effective interpersonal skills in communicating technical IT issues to a non-technical public
• Demonstrated strong customer service skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Must be able to exercise individual judgment on solutions to problems, technology recommendations and service assistance
• BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field, plus one year of experience in electronics, electrical engineering, telecommunications. Five years of experience can be substituted for this qualification
• Hands-on training and/or experience in supporting user access to Windows Active Directory environment.
• Extensive knowledge and use of more complex Window-based applications, such as databases in a multi-user environment
• Experience with desktop management, such as Microsoft System Center Configuartion Manager
• Experience working in a higher education environment
• MCSE certification
• Broad experience with mobile devices and the support of mobile devices (iOS, Android devices, Windows Mobile, etc.)
Technical - Software & Operating Systems:
• Install, configure, and maintain software applications and operating systems
• Troubleshoot software configuration and usage problems
• Assist end users with questions and problems
• Train end users on proper use of software
• Make recommendations to customer departments and users for applications to fulfill business functional requirements. (Due to the diverse functional requirements of the customer departments and end users, a highly complex group of software applications must be supported)
• Design installation procedures for the deployment of software applications for end users
• Install server-based applications to be used in a typical client/server relationship.
• Comply with state, university, and departmental policies regarding installation and use of software applications
• Comply with vendor license requirements for software applications and operating systems
• Provide support for mobile devices (iOS, Android devices, Windows Mobile, etc.) and their integration with university systems such as email, calendaring and contact sync
Technical - Hardware:
• Install, configure, and maintain computer and peripheral hardware to include hardware repairs, upgrades and printer repairs
• Adhere to state, university, and departmental policies regarding hardware maintenance and use
• Make recommendations to customer departments and users for hardware based on analysis of functional requirements and compatibility with existing hardware and software
• Provide hardware repair for printers across campus
Work Request Coordination:
• Coordinate and assign work requests to the student technicians
• Determine priority for work requests and schedule appropriately within existing work conditions and quality of service parameters
• Document solutions to reported problems for future reference by the PC/Network Technicians
• Train PC technicians on current hardware/operating systems/software applications for installation, configuration, and troubleshooting procedures
• Devise improvements in the PC support operation, including improvements in technical procedures, technical training, collecting and organizing technical information, improvements in the use of incident management technology, etc.
• Work directly with customers to maintain a high level of service and address their
needs, as well as keep customers informed of developments and issues pertaining to their incident or request
Distributed Application Deployment:
• Deploy distributed applications to the university staff
• Provide technical support for the client workstations by either collaborating with local technical support or by providing necessary support to complete the delivery and operation of the distributed applications
Research and Development:
• Research new technologies
• Produce reports for management analyzing the feasibility of new products
• Make recommendations for future hardware, software applications, and operating systems by analyzing the functional requirements of the customer departments and end users, while considering compatibility with existing hardware and software configurations
This position is a regular, 12-month, full time, benefits eligible position and reports to the iTAC Client Services Manager. The salary range is $40,000 - $45,000 and includes a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid leave, retirement plan, and tuition assistance. Refer to the benefits summary (http://www.k-state.edu/hr/current-employees/benefits/summary.html) for additional information.
How to Apply:
Screening begins July 13, 2015. If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit the following information to the individual listed below: cover letter reflecting how skills meet the requirements of the position, resume, and the names, phone numbers, e-mail addresses and relationship of three professional references.
IT Help Desk employee - IT Help Desk
IT Help Desk is hiring for summer students. In need to hire around 7 or 8 students.
Each student will need to be here over summer and be able to work at least 20 if not 30 hours each week for training. We will schedule training around any classes you may have.
The job ID on the CES pages is 70906 – IT Help Desk Technical Consultant.
Research Assistant (Graduate/Undergraduate) - CIS - Multiagent and Cooperative Reasoning (MACR) Lab
The Multiagent and Cooperative Reasoning (MACR) Lab is hiring undergraduate/graduate research assistant(s) for the “Understanding and quantifying the impact of moving target defenses on computer networks”, a 5 year, $1M project funded by the Air Force Office of Scientific Research.
The goal of this research is to understand and quantify the potential and limitations of moving target (MTD) systems to protect computer networks. To achieve this goal, we are developing a fully functional prototype MTD system that automatically adapts various aspects of the network's logical and physical configuration. The prototype is targeted at cloud infrastructures. Currently we are leveraging our private OpenStack enterprise-level deployment.
As part of the research, we will use our prototype in a series of experiments designed to answer key research questions such as how an MTD system's effect can be measured, what are the key parameters of an MTD system, whether an MTD system can feasibly adapt multiple configuration aspects to thwart specific threats, and whether an adaptation triggered by attack/risk indicators can be more effective than an MTD with randomly selected adaptations.
Research assistants will develop and maintain the prototype MTD system and help carry out experiments with the system. Research assistants will be expected to work 20 hours a week with a highly competitive salary.
Highly Preferred Qualifications:
• Ruby on Rails
• Experience with configuration management tools (e.g., Puppet)
• Cloud Infrastructures (e.g., OpenStack)
Send a cover letter clearly describing your relevant experience, resume, and computer science related course history (including grades) to Dr. Scott DeLoach at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed starting August 1, 2015 and will continue until the position(s) is filled.
RPG IV Programmer - Kansas Turnpike
DEFINITION OF WORK
This full time, entry-level position involves development of new RPG IV business applications or enhancement of existing ones. Other responsibilities include the implementation of basic reports and application databases. Application development is performed under the guidance of an experienced programmer or manager. Subject to administrative approval and with sufficient knowledge, experience and demonstration of requisite capability, this position progresses into the Programmer Analyst position.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Working from specifications to develop new or modify existing application systems.
- Documenting, developing and testing programs
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS
- College degree in computer science or information systems / technology or comparable years of work experience developing business applications.
- Willingness to learn the IBM Power Systems / IBM i platform and its development environment, languages and utilities (e.g., Rational Developer for i, RPG IV, CL, DDS, SQL, etc.).
- Desire to increase technical competence and learn programming techniques from other programmers and more advanced methodologies, tools and languages for IBM i application modernization (e.g., more familiar, graphical or web interfaces).
- Understanding of business principles and objectives with good organizational, time-management and communication skills.
- Working well under supervision and from programming specifications.
- Writing program documentation.
- Assisting end users in the use of programs.
- A professional appearance and positive attitude.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQURIED
College degree in computer science or information systems/ technology or comparable years of work experience developing business applications.
Apply at the following link: http://www.ksturnpike.com/employment/current_opportunities/rpg_iv_programmer
SharePoint for Business Intelligence Developer - Information Systems Office
The Information Systems Office is hiring a part-time student developer. The student will work with the Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence team to enhance K-State’s presentation of data and navigation in an on-premises SharePoint for BI environment. The student will participate in the complete life cycle, from initial requirements, design, and development to maintenance and customer support.
This is an exciting new area for K-State IT development. Hours and Location: You set your schedule within the normal working hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Mon-Fri at the Foundation Center, 2323 Anderson Avenue. Starting wage is $9.00/hr but could be greater based on experience.
Current student in a Technology-related field (MIS, CIS, etc.) Applicant must have problem solving skills and experience with CSS webpage technology or related course work. Candidates must be motivated, capable of learning new skills quickly, self-directed, able to work at least 10 hours a week. Ability to work a minimum of two-hour blocks of time.
Experience with .Net application development.
Experience in SharePoint development such as dashboard navigation, custom branding, content search web parts, etc.
Availability during the summer months and the ability to increase hours of work.
To apply, please visit our website and select this job for application.
Software Developer - Microsoft
More than half of Microsoft’s $86b+ revenue comes from enterprise software and cloud services. Microsoft’s enterprise cloud business is on track to do $5.5b a year and has seen six consecutive quarters of triple-digit revenue growth.
Azure Active Directory is the identity foundation for Microsoft’s enterprise cloud business and, with 1.5m active organizations, has the critical mass to drive a virtuous cycle of viral enterprise adoption of our cloud services.
Our team is tasked with fulfilling Satya’s vision to make Azure AD the best platform for (1) *viral adoption* to enable any user in any organization to adopt our enterprise cloud services and (2) *business-to-business* collaboration to enable businesses and organizations to effectively leverage Azure AAD platform to collaborate with their partners.
We are looking for developers, who are passionate about developing highly available, scalable enterprise cloud platforms and applications. This is the job for you if you are interested in a high profile project with executive attention and the opportunity for dramatic business impact.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Great design and problem solving skills
- Strong system and web programming/protocol background
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as cross-group collaboration skills
- Self-starter with relentless focus on getting things done
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Great problem solving skills and high intellectual horsepower
The following are definite pluses:
- Experience in distributed systems and Azure technologies
- Experience in a rapid development environment
- Experience in identity space
- Expertise in AngularJS, HTML5
- Experience with running a service, continuous integration and deployment, GIT
Software Developers - Manhattan and midwest - Xpanxion
Xpanxion currently has several positions available in Manhattan, KS including:
Senior Java Developer Lead
Software Development Engineer in Test.
You can see the full listings, descriptions, and apply online here: http://xpanxion.theresumator.com/apply
Software Development - IBM (Lenexa site)
There are multiple positions available for interns. Each one is a Software Development position, so candidates must have programming experience. The intern program works by first reviewing resumes for qualified candidates, selecting several for an interview, hiring, and then each intern will be assigned a summer project based on their qualifications and the requirements for ongoing projects.
Students with the following skills should apply:
- Shell Scripting (Bash, Perl, etc.)
- Web Development (PHP, ASP.NET, Ruby on Rails, Django, SQL, etc.)
- Mobile Development (iOS, Android, Windows)
Any student with other programming experience/skills may also apply.
Include resume, school of attendance, expected graduation date, and a general attitude of excitement and interest never hurts :)
Pradeep Natarajan, Ph.D.
Engineering Manager - IBM Informix
Software Development Position - Department of Mathematics
Professors Nathan Albin and Pietro Poggi-Corradini, Department of Mathematics, are looking for a student with experience in Python, version control (e.g. git), and software development, to organize and implement a new version of an existing code for mathematical and scientific computations related to network theory. Math background preferable (e.g. Math 510) but not strictly necessary.
Ideally would like to hire someone for the Summer 2015 term, or alternatively, for Fall 2015. Pay will be $12/hr and the project is expected to require an effort of 3 to 6 hours per week.
Software Intern - Cerner
Please view the attached file for information about this internship with Cerner.
If you have questions, their contact information can be found on the attachment.
Systems Student Employee - Divison of Financial Service Systems
The Division of Financial Service's Systems office is looking to hire a student employee for supporting our end-users. The student employee would provide:
- PC hardware and software support to sections within the Division of Financial Services, Vice President for Administration and Finance, Office of the President (to include Legislative Liaison), General Counsel’s Office, and Affirmative Action’s Office.
- Provide telephonic support to campus units, as necessary, in support of eForms and FIS.
- Provide programming support to Division of Financial Services as necessary
Preferred Skills: Hardware/software maintenance, MS-SQL Server, Visual Basic.NET, Excel, Access
a) 60 percent: Hardware and Software Support.
- Install operating systems, client software, and desk-unique software as required for new machines
- Sanitize and reinstall software (to include OS) on machines infected with viruses
- Trouble shoot hardware and software issues.
- Provide telephonic and desk-side support to various offices to include University President’s, General Counsel’s, and Vice President of Administration and Finance.
- Provide telephonic support to campus offices regarding eForms and FIS access issues.
b) 25 percent: Programming
- Assist Systems Programmer in development, revision of existing applications, testing of current and future updates in new environments.
- Assist Systems Programmer in maintenance of Division of Financial Services servers. Maintain security and anti-virus programs and setups. Advise others of virus findings as required.
- Assist section in establishment and maintenance of virtual servers.
c) 10 percent: Software documentation. Establish and maintain software documentation within programs and/or WIKI as required.
d) 5 percent: Other duties.
Begin date: 1 June 2015
The Data Incubator Intensive Winter Fellowship - The Data Incubator
Program: The Data Incubator is an intensive six-week fellowship that prepares postdocs and PhDs in STEM + social science fields seeking industry careers as data scientists. The program is free for fellows and supported by sponsorships from dozens of employers across multiple industries. In response to the overwhelming interest in our earlier summer and fall sessions, we will be holding a winter postdoc fellowship.
Locations: There will be both an in-person (in NYC) and online section of the fellowship.
Dates: Both sections will be from 01/05/15 to 02/13/15
Who should apply: Anyone within one year of graduating from a PhD program or who has already obtained a PhD is welcome to apply. Applications from internaitonal students welcome. There is a common application for both the online and in-person sections. Everyone else (including non-PhDs) is enouraged to sign-up for a future session.
Web / Software Developer - Crop Quest
Web / Software Developer
Crop Quest developers provide leadership and expertise in the latest technology to Crop Quest consultants and the Ag community. Agriculture is a relatively untapped market for entrepreneurial developers wanting to carve out their niche. What better team to guide development efforts than the one willing to put the software to work in the field. Our team is passionate about developing new technologies and revealing techniques to move agriculture to a new level. If you share our passion and have an entrepreneurial spirit please contact us.
Our company is 100% employee owned which makes for a unique culture of self-motivated individuals. Every employee becomes a vested owner at Crop Quest. As a member of this team, you will be on the cutting edge of technology, helping mold the future of agriculture. We want you to be successful both personally and professionally. This position will require working with upper management and staff from the Crop Quest main office in Dodge City, KS.
Duties / Responsibilities:
● Web / software development
● Network maintenance
● Network security
● Collaborate with Precision Ag team members on projects
● Educational Presentations as Needed
● Other Duties as Necessary
Skills required to be successful in this position:
● Solid background in Web Development (OOP, MVC Frameworks)
● Knowledge of modern responsive web design principles (HTML/CSS)
● Database design and management (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
● Familiarity with Linux (or OS X) and Git
● Ability to work independently and proceed with objectives without close supervision
● Desire to serve others in a team atmosphere
● Self-motivation, eager to learn new languages, programming, and design styles
Skills that put you a step ahead of the competition:
● Familiarity building/integrating web services and APIs (REST, JSON, XML, OAUTH)
● Experience building business reports
● Interest in implementing GIS mapping into web and mobile platforms
● Knowledge and experience working in mobile platforms like iOS & Android
● Windows Software Development (C#, Visual Basic)
● System Administration (Windows, VMware)
Full-time Position Candidate’s Credentials / Experience:
● Graduate or graduating senior with a Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar degree
● Valid Driver’s License
For more details about career opportunities with Crop Quest visit http://www.cropquest.com/careers.
Job Descriptions are designed to give potential employees an idea of their job requirements and may change at any time at the discretion of the company to fit company goals and needs.
Web Systems Engineer - Office of Mediated Education (OME)
Our office is currently looking for talented students to fill positions on the Web Systems Engineer (WSE) team. Members of WSE team operate in the layer immediately above the hardware and operating sytsems. They are responsible for monitoring, maintaining, and enhancing the development, testing, and production environments of many mission-critical, enterprise level systemes in use at K-State.
If you would enjoy working in a fun yet challening work environment where you gain valuable experience working with application services platforms, unix based environments, JavaEE and web technologies please contact us today. Starting wages begin at $9.00 and may be higher based on experience.
Webmaster - MAPJ
To manage a WordPress website by making sure that software is up to date and by adding content for the board members (e.g. photos, newsletters, news, and MAPJ columns).
The pay is $12 an hour up to 5 hours a week. It's likely that for some weeks, there will be only an hour worth of work.
Website Coordinator, K-State Global Campus - KANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY
Kansas State University seeks applicants with work experience in developing and maintaining websites and knowledge of the web as a marketing tool. Bachelor’s degree or 3 years’ experience is required. Excellent administrative, collaborative and communication skills are essential.