The Kansas State University Office of Mediated Education (OME), Manhattan Kansas, is seeking applications for an Application Deveoper within the Office of Mediated Education (OME). The person in this position will build software applications for both academic and administrative computer systems for the Office of Mediated Education (OME). The developer will work closely with the Application Development Manager and the Associate Director of OME in the development process. OME serves the campus as a central information technology unit under the direction of the Chief Information Officer/Vice Provost for Information Technology Services, and provides services to support the University’s mission in the areas of teaching and learning, research, and technology transfer.
- Developing web-based applications using Java Enterprise Edition and technologies such as EJB/JPA, JMS, JSPs,JSF,and Struts 2. These web-based applications would run on an application server such as JBoss in a Unix-based environment and be backed by an Oracle database.
- Providing technical support of web based applications developed by OME
- Working with project team to ensure design specifications meet their needs
- Developing good user documentation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or a related field. Three years of equivalent work experience can be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Experience in Java programming including any part of Java EE
- Strong working knowledge of Object Oriented theory and design practices
- Strong working knowledge of relational database theory, designing database models, and building optimal queries
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Java EE experience including: Servlets, Java Server Pages (JSP), Enterprise Java Beans (EJB), Java Persistence API (JPA), and Java Messaging Services (JMS).
- Experience with JBoss or an equivalent application server
- Experience with web frameworks such as Struts, Java Server Faces (JSF), or Tapestry
- Familiarity with Oracle database
- Familiarity with the Unix Environment
- Experience with HTML/CSS
Salary Range: Commensurate with skills and experience
Applicants must submit:
- Cover letter reflecting how skills meet the requirements of the position
- Names, phone numbers, and email addresses of at least three professional references