The Kansas Department of Agriculture needs a Database Developer for its Food Safety Program. Responsibilities include developing and maintaining data systems to support data analysis and quality assurance activities for the program. Activities include:
• Writing queries and reports from the Inspection Database (Proprietary/SQL Express), Licensing Systems (Oracle and Proprietary), and various Access tracking databases.
• Consolidating databases where possible.
• Developing new data management solutions, including researching software/hardware solutions, making recommendations, and implementing the solution.
• Aiding program with a new licensing system implementation including enhancements to create interoperability with other databases and automation of data transfer.
• Working with the QA Manager to develop user-level data systems to make data entry and analysis sustainable.
The position is temporary and is very flexible. Part time or full time is possible. Salary is negotiable. Possibility of developing into a longer term position. Come join the team that helps keep Kansas' food safe!