Skills & Requirements
Ideal Candidate will have:
· C# programming experience
· Experience with ASP.Net Application development
· Experience with SQL Server
· Experience with Visual Studio 2012
· Experience with Agile development methodologies
· Computer Science degree or 4 years of experience
· Pharmacy related knowledge
· Good written and verbal communication skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Enhance existing applications
· Act as a team member: coding, testing, debugging.
Kansas State University is committed to the growth and excellence of the CIS department. The department offers a stimulating environment for research and teaching, and has several ongoing collaborative projects involving researchers in different areas of computer science as well as other engineering and science departments. The department has a faculty of nineteen, more than 100 graduate students, and 300 undergraduate students and offers BS, MS, MSE, and PhD degrees. Computing facilities include a large network of servers, workstations and PCs with more than 300 machines and a Beowulf cluster with 100+ processors. The department building has a wireless network and state-of-the-art media-equipped classrooms. The department hosts several laboratories for embedded systems, software analysis, robotics, computational engineering and science, and data-mining.
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Search for Employment Opportunities
Application Developer: C++ - Kalos Inc.
Looking for a talented Application Developer with C++ experience. Our product is a pharmacy management system in use throughout the United States.
Skills & Requirements
Ideal Candidate will have:
· Experience with C++
· Experience developing end-user desktop applications
· Experience with SQL Server
· Experience with Client/Server Application development
· Computer Science degree or 4 years of experience
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Experience with Embarcadero C++ Builder or Delphi
· Pharmacy related knowledge
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintain and enhance existing applications.
· Act as a team member: coding, testing and debugging.
Associate Programmer Analyst - FedEx
Associate Programmer Analyst
All times are in Mountain Daylight Time.
FedEx Services - Information Technology
350 Spectrum Loop, Colorado Springs, CO., 80921
More information about this job:
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you!
Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 300,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding.
FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer. Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE Magazine: No. 8 among “World’s Most Admired Companies” and No. 1 in the delivery industry (2014)
- Glassdoor, Employees’ Choice Awards: “Top 50 Best Places to Work” (2014)
- FORTUNE Magazine: “100 Best Companies to Work For” (2013)
- Computerworld: “100 Best Places to Work in IT” (2013)
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens” (2014)
When 300,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply Now’ and tell us more about yourself.
FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.
Under close supervision, code and unit test changes to computer programs from program specifications. Documents and maintains those programs.
Ideal Skills/Knowledge Includes
Colorado Springs, CO.
Bachelor's degree/equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems and/or equivalent formal training or work experience.
Any interested candidate can apply online at FedEx.com under careers – search for jobs under FedEx Services
IT Consultant-2 Positions - Information Technology Assistance Center-Kansas State University
This position works as a part of a team that provides support for more than 1900 workstations and a variety of mobile devices (iOS, Android devices, Windows Mobile, etc.) in administrative department and academic departments across two of the university's campuses as well as the Kansas Department of Agriculture and Kansas State Research and Extension which include county offices across the state of Kansas. The network environment includes the following platform components: Windows 7/Windows 8, Windows Active Directory and Apple Mac OS X.
• Bachelors Degree, or three years of related coursework or employment experience in information technology
• Three years’ experience in a desktop support, help desk, and/or technical support environment
• Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience in the configuration and administration of desktop operating systems (including Windows 7, Windows 8 and Mac OSX workstations) for users in a multi-user LAN environment
• Extensive knowledge and experience in the use of Windows applications such as word processing, spreadsheets and file manager software on Intel-based desktop computers in a multi-user distributed network-computing environment involving one or more LAN servers
• Extensive knowledge and experience with workstation hardware (installation, configuration, troubleshooting, repair and understand the relationship between the hardware and the operating system)
• Experience working in a fast-paced work environment, assisting staff with varied technical and business systems needs
• Analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot system problems
• Manage multiple high priority initiatives in a fast paces, highly technical environment
• Effective written and verbal communication skills; effective interpersonal skills in communicating technical IT issues to a non-technical public
• Demonstrated strong customer service skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Must be able to exercise individual judgment on solutions to problems, technology recommendations and service assistance
• BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field, plus one year of experience in electronics, electrical engineering, telecommunications. Five years of experience can be substituted for this qualification
• Hands-on training and/or experience in supporting user access to Windows Active Directory environment.
• Extensive knowledge and use of more complex Window-based applications, such as databases in a multi-user environment
• Experience with desktop management, such as Microsoft System Center Configuartion Manager
• Experience working in a higher education environment
• MCSE certification
• Broad experience with mobile devices and the support of mobile devices (iOS, Android devices, Windows Mobile, etc.)
Technical - Software & Operating Systems:
• Install, configure, and maintain software applications and operating systems
• Troubleshoot software configuration and usage problems
• Assist end users with questions and problems
• Train end users on proper use of software
• Make recommendations to customer departments and users for applications to fulfill business functional requirements. (Due to the diverse functional requirements of the customer departments and end users, a highly complex group of software applications must be supported)
• Design installation procedures for the deployment of software applications for end users
• Install server-based applications to be used in a typical client/server relationship.
• Comply with state, university, and departmental policies regarding installation and use of software applications
• Comply with vendor license requirements for software applications and operating systems
• Provide support for mobile devices (iOS, Android devices, Windows Mobile, etc.) and their integration with university systems such as email, calendaring and contact sync
Technical - Hardware:
• Install, configure, and maintain computer and peripheral hardware to include hardware repairs, upgrades and printer repairs
• Adhere to state, university, and departmental policies regarding hardware maintenance and use
• Make recommendations to customer departments and users for hardware based on analysis of functional requirements and compatibility with existing hardware and software
• Provide hardware repair for printers across campus
Work Request Coordination:
• Coordinate and assign work requests to the student technicians
• Determine priority for work requests and schedule appropriately within existing work conditions and quality of service parameters
• Document solutions to reported problems for future reference by the PC/Network Technicians
• Train PC technicians on current hardware/operating systems/software applications for installation, configuration, and troubleshooting procedures
• Devise improvements in the PC support operation, including improvements in technical procedures, technical training, collecting and organizing technical information, improvements in the use of incident management technology, etc.
• Work directly with customers to maintain a high level of service and address their
needs, as well as keep customers informed of developments and issues pertaining to their incident or request
Distributed Application Deployment:
• Deploy distributed applications to the university staff
• Provide technical support for the client workstations by either collaborating with local technical support or by providing necessary support to complete the delivery and operation of the distributed applications
Research and Development:
• Research new technologies
• Produce reports for management analyzing the feasibility of new products
• Make recommendations for future hardware, software applications, and operating systems by analyzing the functional requirements of the customer departments and end users, while considering compatibility with existing hardware and software configurations
This position is a regular, 12-month, full time, benefits eligible position and reports to the iTAC Client Services Manager. The salary range is $40,000 - $45,000 and includes a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid leave, retirement plan, and tuition assistance. Refer to the benefits summary (http://www.k-state.edu/hr/current-employees/benefits/summary.html) for additional information.
How to Apply:
Screening begins July 13, 2015. If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit the following information to the individual listed below: cover letter reflecting how skills meet the requirements of the position, resume, and the names, phone numbers, e-mail addresses and relationship of three professional references.
Network Systems Analyst - Network & Telecommunications Services-Kansas State University
To assist the networking team in the areas of design, modification, maintenance, troubleshooting, and documentation of a large enterprise network. This position will include both design and management responsibilities for Cisco routers, switches, and wireless infrastructure, and will work collaboratively with IT units and the campus community to provide a stable, robust, and secure network environment at K-State.
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree plus three years’ experience in designing and managing large, enterprise-scale networks
• Demonstrated knowledge of the OSI model network fundamentals; specifically, Layer 2 switching and Layer 3 routing
• Demonstrated knowledge of network protocols; e.g. TCP/UDP, ICMP, SNMP, ARP, and routing protocols
• Demonstrated proficiency in the configuration and troubleshooting of enterprise-level switches, routers, and wireless controllers
• Strong analytical skills
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Ability and willingness to work flexible hours
• Experience in design, implementation, and management of a large enterprise Cisco-based network, with specific experience on Nexus 7000 and 5000 platforms, and Catalyst 6500, 4500, 3750, and 2960 platforms
• Current network certifications, such as CCENT, CCNA, CCNP
• Experience in network support of data center converged infrastructure technologies, such as VMWare, Cisco UCS, 1000V virtual switching, and storage.
• A minimum of two years’ experience in the design and maintenance of 802.11 wireless networks, utilizing Cisco or Aruba controllers
• Demonstrated ability managing network support services, such as DHCP, TACACS, syslog, and Network Access Control
• Demonstrated proficiency managing and utilizing network monitoring and troubleshooting tools, such as Nagios, Cacti, SolarWinds, QRadar, Wireshark, and log analyzers
• Experience with IPV6 conversions
• Experience with project and change management practices
Manage Network Infrastructure and Related Systems
• Participate in the planning, design, modification, maintenance, and documentation of a large enterprise network, including core and datacenter technologies, wired and wireless edge infrastructure, and other critical network services
• Support the enterprise network at Kansas State using best practices to maintain a production environment 24 hours/day, 7 days a week
• Configure, maintain, and troubleshoot Cisco switches and routers, and Aruba wireless infrastructure in routed LAN/WAN environments
• Troubleshoot existing infrastructure as needed, and take corrective actions to eliminate problems as they occur
• Provide documentation so other IT staff can assist with maintenance/support
Participate in Network Monitoring and Troubleshooting
• Employ monitoring tools to identify network issues, monitor network utilization, and make recommendations for future growth to eliminate potential bottlenecks before they occur
• Assist the Network team in traffic optimization, including QoS, multicast, video-streaming and other technologies
Conduct Research and Analysis
• Evaluate and recommend new and evolving network technologies, and make recommendations when applicable to support the university’s mission
• Work with end-users to evaluate new technologies that require network support
Assist with Security Issues
• Assist with securing campus IT resources and responding to security incidents
• Work with the IT Security Office to implement security policy and respond to security incidents
This position is a regular, 12-month, full time, benefits eligible position and reports to the Network Manager. The salary range is $55,000 - $65,000 and includes a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid leave, retirement plan, and tuition assistance. Refer to the benefits summary (http://www.k-state.edu/hr/current-employees/benefits/summary.html) for additional information.
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with
disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its
employees. Background check required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Screening begins August 3, 2015. If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit the following information to email@example.com: cover letter reflecting how skills meet the requirements of the position, a resume, and the names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of at least three professional references.
Questions may be directed to Viki Horan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Research Assistant (Graduate/Undergraduate) - CIS - Multiagent and Cooperative Reasoning (MACR) Lab
The Multiagent and Cooperative Reasoning (MACR) Lab is hiring undergraduate/graduate research assistant(s) for the “Understanding and quantifying the impact of moving target defenses on computer networks”, a 5 year, $1M project funded by the Air Force Office of Scientific Research.
The goal of this research is to understand and quantify the potential and limitations of moving target (MTD) systems to protect computer networks. To achieve this goal, we are developing a fully functional prototype MTD system that automatically adapts various aspects of the network's logical and physical configuration. The prototype is targeted at cloud infrastructures. Currently we are leveraging our private OpenStack enterprise-level deployment.
As part of the research, we will use our prototype in a series of experiments designed to answer key research questions such as how an MTD system's effect can be measured, what are the key parameters of an MTD system, whether an MTD system can feasibly adapt multiple configuration aspects to thwart specific threats, and whether an adaptation triggered by attack/risk indicators can be more effective than an MTD with randomly selected adaptations.
Research assistants will develop and maintain the prototype MTD system and help carry out experiments with the system. Research assistants will be expected to work 20 hours a week with a highly competitive salary.
Highly Preferred Qualifications:
• Ruby on Rails
• Experience with configuration management tools (e.g., Puppet)
• Cloud Infrastructures (e.g., OpenStack)
Send a cover letter clearly describing your relevant experience, resume, and computer science related course history (including grades) to Dr. Scott DeLoach at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed starting August 1, 2015 and will continue until the position(s) is filled.
Software Developer - XTEC (Lenexa)
XTEC is looking for one or more candidates to join a small team of developers building cloud-based web / mobile applications for use by internal and external customers. Candidates chosen to join our team will be involved in all aspects of application development. From front-end UI design to back-end database development and integration with frameworks for security, testing, reporting, etc., our team members get involved in ever aspect of the software development cycle. In short, we are offering an opportunity to gain a huge amount of experience and get an amazing amount of responsibility in an astonishingly short amount of time.
If we still have your interest, the ideal candidate will have a strong background in programming and be self-motivated and a fast learner. If you have experience in Java development and frameworks like GWT, Spring, Hibernate, GXT, and / or Vaadin, and experience with SQL and databases such as MySQL or Postgres on the back-end so much the better. And extra credit if you have a familiarity with AWS. If you don't have experience with any of these specific technologies, just show us what you know. Intelligence, motivation, and the ability to roll up your sleeves go a long way towards success.
Our offices are located in Lenexa, Kansas near the heart of the Kansas City metro area. We offer competitive salary, benefits package, and 401K; but more importantly, we're offering the right candidate(s) a great opportunity. Become a member of our team and join a challenging, fast-paced work environment with a great family atmosphere. To submit your resume, please email Julie Drake at firstname.lastname@example.org, and let's get the ball rolling!
Software Developers - Manhattan and midwest - Xpanxion
Xpanxion currently has several positions available in Manhattan, KS including:
Senior Java Developer Lead
Software Development Engineer in Test.
You can see the full listings, descriptions, and apply online here: http://xpanxion.theresumator.com/apply
Software Development Position - Department of Mathematics
Professors Nathan Albin and Pietro Poggi-Corradini, Department of Mathematics, are looking for a student with experience in Python, version control (e.g. git), and software development, to organize and implement a new version of an existing code for mathematical and scientific computations related to network theory. Math background preferable (e.g. Math 510) but not strictly necessary.
Ideally would like to hire someone for the Summer 2015 term, or alternatively, for Fall 2015. Pay will be $12/hr and the project is expected to require an effort of 3 to 6 hours per week.
Software Intern - Cerner
Please view the attached file for information about this internship with Cerner.
If you have questions, their contact information can be found on the attachment.
Student Developer - Office of Mediated Education
The Office of Mediated Education is hiring part-time student developers. Students will work with a team developing JAVA web applications, participating in the complete life cycle, from initial requirements, design, and development to maintenance and customer support. Exact duties and responsibilities of the position will vary based on the successful applicant's skills and aptitude.
Hours and Location: You set your schedule but working hours between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday-Friday at the K-State Foundation Center on Anderson Ave. Starting wages are $9.00/hr, but could be greater based on experience.
Current Undergraduate in Technology-related field (MIS, CIS, etc.) Students must have problem solving skills and development experience or course work in programming. Candidates must be motivated, capable of learning new skills quickly, self-directed, able to work at least 15 hours a week and willing to devote at least a year to the position, including summers.
Experience with Java application development.
Applicants with one or more years employment potential.
Ability to work 30 hours per week over the summer if not taking classes.
Please contact the office of Mediated Education to apply for this position
Systems Student Employee - Divison of Financial Service Systems
The Division of Financial Service's Systems office is looking to hire a student employee for supporting our end-users. The student employee would provide:
- PC hardware and software support to sections within the Division of Financial Services, Vice President for Administration and Finance, Office of the President (to include Legislative Liaison), General Counsel’s Office, and Affirmative Action’s Office.
- Provide telephonic support to campus units, as necessary, in support of eForms and FIS.
- Provide programming support to Division of Financial Services as necessary
Preferred Skills: Hardware/software maintenance, MS-SQL Server, Visual Basic.NET, Excel, Access
a) 60 percent: Hardware and Software Support.
- Install operating systems, client software, and desk-unique software as required for new machines
- Sanitize and reinstall software (to include OS) on machines infected with viruses
- Trouble shoot hardware and software issues.
- Provide telephonic and desk-side support to various offices to include University President’s, General Counsel’s, and Vice President of Administration and Finance.
- Provide telephonic support to campus offices regarding eForms and FIS access issues.
b) 25 percent: Programming
- Assist Systems Programmer in development, revision of existing applications, testing of current and future updates in new environments.
- Assist Systems Programmer in maintenance of Division of Financial Services servers. Maintain security and anti-virus programs and setups. Advise others of virus findings as required.
- Assist section in establishment and maintenance of virtual servers.
c) 10 percent: Software documentation. Establish and maintain software documentation within programs and/or WIKI as required.
d) 5 percent: Other duties.
Begin date: 1 June 2015
Technical Recruiter - LRS Consulting
LRS Consulting Services is looking for an entry level .NET Applications Developer for a contract to hire position in Topeka, KS.
The Application Developer will:
• Analyze user needs and software/system requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
• Design, develop, and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
• Determine system performance standards.
• Define the goals of the system and devise flow charts and diagrams describing logical operational steps of programs.
• Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve performance.
• Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
• Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions to facilitate maintenance.
• Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
• Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or 1 year of professional object oriented software development experience
• Candidate must have authorization to work for any employer in the US without sponsorship
The Data Incubator Intensive Winter Fellowship - The Data Incubator
Program: The Data Incubator is an intensive six-week fellowship that prepares postdocs and PhDs in STEM + social science fields seeking industry careers as data scientists. The program is free for fellows and supported by sponsorships from dozens of employers across multiple industries. In response to the overwhelming interest in our earlier summer and fall sessions, we will be holding a winter postdoc fellowship.
Locations: There will be both an in-person (in NYC) and online section of the fellowship.
Dates: Both sections will be from 01/05/15 to 02/13/15
Who should apply: Anyone within one year of graduating from a PhD program or who has already obtained a PhD is welcome to apply. Applications from internaitonal students welcome. There is a common application for both the online and in-person sections. Everyone else (including non-PhDs) is enouraged to sign-up for a future session.
Webmaster - MAPJ
To manage a WordPress website by making sure that software is up to date and by adding content for the board members (e.g. photos, newsletters, news, and MAPJ columns).
The pay is $12 an hour up to 5 hours a week. It's likely that for some weeks, there will be only an hour worth of work.
Website Coordinator, K-State Global Campus - KANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY
Kansas State University seeks applicants with work experience in developing and maintaining websites and knowledge of the web as a marketing tool. Bachelor’s degree or 3 years’ experience is required. Excellent administrative, collaborative and communication skills are essential.